fbpx

Reply: PMP for HR manager

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP for HR manager

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15955

Joe Pang

Hi Jessica,

From your description I would say you are good for the application. Right now you just need to organize your projects (log the time, write your description, ask your supervisor for reference in case of audit, etc) and complete the PMI application form.

If you wish to double check before submitting your application you are welcome to post your project description here.

Good luck!
Joe
5 years 4 months ago #15936

Jessica

's Avatar

Hello, I'm a HR manager I had 9,000 hours of experience in initiating, planning , executing, monitoring and controlling and closing (the 5 process groups of managing projects). All my experience attained from managing HR specific projects such as updating employee handbook, creating risk response plan, developing Human Resouces Information System, creating Online training program, developing new hire orientation, implementing workforce restructuring, etc....
Are HR specific projects considered qualifiable for the PMP eligibility criteria. Every HR project I conducted was temporary and had a unique outcome that is then sustained by the HR department operational action plan
Note: my job title is an HR manager, but my job description encompasses roles and responsibilities that lays within the 5 process groups/Domains of managing project and some lays within the PM knowledge Areas.
Thanks for your help!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login