Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process?

Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process? 1 year 11 months ago #15867

• Olubukola Ogunyemi
  • Olubukola Ogunyemi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I got this that work performance report is an output for Monitor and control work process AND work performance information is an output of Control process
so i want to know the difference between the two processes

Thank you.

Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process? 1 year 11 months ago #15906

• Joe Pang
  • Thank you received: 79
Hi Olubukola,

I want you to look at these three things together: Work Performance Data, Work Performance Information and Work Performance Report

Let's say you are managing a project to build 10 houses

Work Performance Data (WPD) is the raw data you record - ex. 10 weeks to build first house, 9 weeks to build 2nd house etc.
Work Performance Information (WPI) is the data you processed from the WPD - ex. Your EV formulas

Now let's say your COO and CFO each want a Work Performance Report, then you will tailor two different reports using the WPI you possess.

Let me know if it makes sense to you
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in Capital Projects and Digital Transformation Projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process? 1 year 11 months ago #15915

• Olubukola Ogunyemi
  • Olubukola Ogunyemi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, it makes sense
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login