fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process?

Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process? 5 years 4 months ago #15867

• Olubukola Ogunyemi
  • Olubukola Ogunyemi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I got this that work performance report is an output for Monitor and control work process AND work performance information is an output of Control process
so i want to know the difference between the two processes

Thank you.

Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process? 5 years 4 months ago #15906

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Olubukola,

I want you to look at these three things together: Work Performance Data, Work Performance Information and Work Performance Report

Let's say you are managing a project to build 10 houses

Work Performance Data (WPD) is the raw data you record - ex. 10 weeks to build first house, 9 weeks to build 2nd house etc.
Work Performance Information (WPI) is the data you processed from the WPD - ex. Your EV formulas

Now let's say your COO and CFO each want a Work Performance Report, then you will tailor two different reports using the WPI you possess.

Let me know if it makes sense to you
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Difference betwwen "Monitor & Control work Process and "the Control Process? 5 years 4 months ago #15915

• Olubukola Ogunyemi
  • Olubukola Ogunyemi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, it makes sense
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login