fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: my average score is 50% in the simulation

my average score is 50% in the simulation 5 years 3 months ago #15859

• Olubukola Ogunyemi
  • Olubukola Ogunyemi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I want to write pmp exam this december but my current average score in each 10 questions selected is 50%
Am getting discouraged

my average score is 50% in the simulation 5 years 3 months ago #15889

• Erowo Oshobe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand, but if you wan to write the exam you have to keep at it. Read the questions you failed do some analysis. Get the PMBOK guide and go the page referenced in the answer keys. Make notes stay focused. You got this

my average score is 50% in the simulation 5 years 3 months ago #15911

• Gwen Corrie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Olubukola, I feel your frustration. I, too, was getting 50 - 60% on my 10 question quizzes. I had skipped most of the videos, however. So I went back and watched all of the videos. I also prepared my own Excel spreadsheet where each Knowledge Area had its own tab, and each tab had all Process Groups for that Knowledge Area, showing all Inputs, T&T's, and Outputs for each Process Group. Use the beginning of each Knowledge Area Process Group table in the PMBOK for your notes. For example, for Project Integration, do not use the table on page 71 - use the tables on pages 75, 82, 90, etc. Also, make sure you incorporate graphics (like page 47, 155, 267, etc.) from the PMBOX into your notes - if it weren't important information, they would not make a graph or picture out of it! Then when you watch the videos, capture the additional KEY information and tips that are not in the PMBOK into your notes. Once you have a good study guide, then keep reviewing it. Then memorize the difference between Project Management Plan components vs. project documents (page 89) and the chart on page 25 and be able to do a brain dump of that chart on page 25 in 5 minutes. If you can do that, then you should be able to immediately recognize in the questions: what Process Group are they in; what actions are they doing (i.e., Knowledge Area); and what are they asking for (a process, a document, etc.). You should then be able to spot quickly the answers that are wrong. This helps in getting you to the right answer, unless you immediately know what the right answer is!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login