fbpx

Reply: How many math/formula questions likely on the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How many math/formula questions likely on the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15814

Jessica

Like Emily, I only had a small handful of formula questions. And I strongly agree with her suggestion to understand each formula.

During my exam, I had a question where I needed to calculate TCPI. I blanked. I spent more than a minute trying to think of it and, afraid to waste too much time, I marked it for review and moved on. When I came back to it, I was a bit calmer and had more time to think. What do I need in order to calculate TCPI? Well obviously I need to know how much work remains. How do I calculate that? BAC-EV! That's the numerator! Once I had that I immediately remembered the denominator and calculated the correct answer. But if I had only memorized the formulas and didn't make a point to understand them, I would have been lost.
5 years 3 months ago #15811

Vikram Natarajan

Thank you Emily!
5 years 3 months ago #15804

Emily Rivera, PMP

In my experience, there were a handful of math questions (maybe 5 or 6). If you memorize and understand how to use the basic formulas (earned value, communication channels, etc), you'll do fine on these.
5 years 3 months ago #15799

Vikram Natarajan

Hi, folks who have taken the exam, can you care to comment on how many math/formula questions appeared on your exam? Also typically how many math questions should be expected?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login