fbpx

Reply: Best approach to fill the preparation gaps?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Best approach to fill the preparation gaps?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15780

Jessica

I think this depends on which way you learn best. If your test is coming up quickly, I'd say to go with what makes you feel you'll learn more.

One note about approach 1: When I got a wrong answer on the exam simulator, I would thoroughly read through the question and the explanation of the answer. The exam is very much like the exam simulator with situational questions. I found that sometimes I would get an answer wrong in an area where I knew the material well, but didn't understand the question properly. Reading though WHY I selected the wrong answer helped me to identify that sometimes I was missing key words that would have made the answer more clear. Knowing why I got it wrong also helped me to narrow down which areas I was weakest. Also, I'd mark any question for review if I guessed the answer. This way, if I got it right, I would still know to review so that I could confirm that I understood it correctly and didn't just make a lucky guess.

Once I had reviewed my wrong answers, I'd review and study up on the processes where I needed it most. So basically, I was combining both approach 1 and 2. This is very time consuming, but worth it if you have the time!
5 years 4 months ago #15766

Joe Pang

Hi Deepak,

Both approaches are very effective. It really comes down to how much time you have allocated for studying. If you have the time for it I'd go for approach #2.
5 years 4 months ago #15748

Deepak G

Which one is the best approach to fill the gaps in preparation.

Approach 1: Read on knowledge area, take mock exam and check the wrong answers .
Approach 2: Read on knowledge area, take mock exam. If you answered incorrectly then reread the knowledge area and retake the exam to see if it improves the score.

From my point of view approach 2 is time consuming but will fix the preparation process and kind of preventive action. Approach 1 is like fixing the defects whatever identified and may be possible that more gaps are there in that knowledge area.

Please suggest.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login