fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Change management plan Vs Change Log

Change management plan Vs Change Log 5 years 4 months ago #15737

• Ximena Laveglia
  • Ximena Laveglia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

What are the differences between consulting the change log vs. consulting the change management plan? I failed several questions in the simulator regarding consult a document vs. the a project management plan component (ex. risk regiter Vs. Risk Management plan etc....)

Help!
Thank you!

Change management plan Vs Change Log 5 years 4 months ago #15741

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hi Ximena,

As a general rule of thumb, the Change Management Plan is the HOWs and the Change Log contains the WHATs .

In other words, the management plans act as a guidance for your project. For example if you are not sure how a change request should be submitted, processed and approved, you can consult the Change Management Plan. If you are not sure what change request have been submitted/approved, you can consult the Change Log for a list of change request items and their statuses.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ximena Laveglia, Cyril Galland

Change management plan Vs Change Log 5 years 4 months ago #15745

• Ximena Laveglia
  • Ximena Laveglia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Joe, very helpful.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login