fbpx

Reply: idea behind change request

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : idea behind change request

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15713

Joe Pang

From where a change request raise ?
Changes may be requested by any stakeholder involved with the project (PMBOK6, pg 115)

Is it only when there change to the project scope and plan or it could happen when there are a defects on the deliverable ?
As a general rule, each project's configuration management plan should define which project artifacts need to be placed under configuration control. Any change in a configuration element should be formally controlled and will require a change request. (PMBOK6, pg 115)

What is the steps to make a change request ?
I don't think you need to know the step on how to submit a change request for the exam. However, it is important to know the process of handling a change request:
1.Evaluate the impact
2. Identify options
3. Get the change request approved internally
4. Get customer buy-in if required
(Rita v9, pg 161)
5 years 4 months ago #15701

Khaled Alobaidallah

Hi everyone.

I hope you are doing great.

I'm confused about the change request concept. first, From where a change request raise ? is it only when there change to the project scope and plan or it could happen when there are a defects on the deliverable ?
second, what is the steps to make a change request ?

thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login