fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMBOK 5th is alive?

PMBOK 5th is alive? 5 years 5 months ago #15644

• Jalal Salman
  • Jalal Salman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Gents,
Please advise if the PMBOK 5th is valid for PMP Exam as there are materials from the 5th edition not showing in the 6th Edition.
If these materials are considered even they are not published in the 6th edition, then do you think that the 5th edition is still alive?

Best Regards
Jalal

PMBOK 5th is alive? 5 years 5 months ago #15657

• Steve Richards
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
It is my understanding that only the 6th edition is relevant and all previous editions are not. Focus should be on PMBOK v6.

I hope this helps.

PMBOK 5th is alive? 5 years 5 months ago #15661

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Jalal,

The PMP exam is NOT a test of your knowledge of the PMBOK Guide. The PMP exam tests your abilities as a project manager. PMI uses the PMBOK Guide as the primary reference book, and then it uses "others" as well. I put "others" in quotes because PMI does not state what "other" reference books they use.

That much said... even though a methodology is not in the PMBOK Guide it could still be on the exam.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login