fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How To Answer What Does Project Manager Do Next?

How To Answer What Does Project Manager Do Next? 5 years 5 months ago #15467

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Rohan Panade PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello Everyone,
Can you please help with any tips or technique to answer below type of question- This one I am struggling to answer more effectively!
1. What do project manager do next?
2. What do you do next?

Highly appreicate your inputs at the earliest!

Regards,
Rohan Panade

How To Answer What Does Project Manager Do Next? 5 years 5 months ago #15469

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi Rohan,

The trick to answering the "what do you do next" questions is twofold:
1. Know what process you are in the project, based on the background information provided in the question.
2. Understand the order of the 49 processes so you know which process comes next.

For example, if the question implies that you are currently sequencing project activities, then the next step would be estimating activity durations.

There are a lot of questions like this on the exam, so knowing how to answer them is very important. Just understand the order of the 49 processes, and you'll be in good shape.

How To Answer What Does Project Manager Do Next? 5 years 5 months ago #15484

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Rohan Panade PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey Emily,
Thank you a million times - Sincerly appreicate you swift response.. It was so basic but somtimes we tend to forget.
Thank you so much again. Its helpful!!!

Regards,
Rohan Panade

How To Answer What Does Project Manager Do Next? 5 years 5 months ago #15485

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Emily is spot on. If I may add to that, Always understand the situation, then analyse, before making any decision / taking any action
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login