fbpx

Reply: I don't know my current progress toward passing PMP Exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I don't know my current progress toward passing PMP Exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15428

Joe Pang

Hi Rawand,

Knowing how to answer the questions is only half the battle. You need to train your exam endurance as well. Start doing the 4-hour simulations now, you need to practice reading the questions quicker, and develop your mental condition for the duration of the exam.

Here's a little tip, whenever I see a long question I will start by reading the answer choices, so I have a general idea of where the question is going. Next, read the last sentence of the question, usually it will ask for what process / tools / technique, so you can start locating the knowledge area in your mind. Lastly read the scenario to gather all the details you need to determine the correct answer.

Hope this helps,
Joe
5 years 5 months ago #15417

Rawand Amin

Dear all,

I am thinking to take PMP exam in a month time. After 9 months of reading, I am nervous and don’t know where I am standing and how I will perform at the real exam.
I have started using the Prepcast PMP exam Simulator for the past 3 weeks. I have completed all the questions and gone through all 1600 questions using the Quiz Learning mode because I was sure that I could not complete the Premium Exams within the time frame allowed and also I could achieve the result to pass the exam. Now my plan is to review all the questions once again, then test myself using the Premium exam simulator.
My concerns are as follow:

1- Doing the Prepcast exam simulator over and over again, would only make me memorize the answer, although I read all the explanation. After taking the Premium Exams, I may get a high score because I already know the answer. This may not be a slandered to pass the exam?

2- The time allowed for the real exam is not sufficient for me to answer all the questions. During reading the Prepcast PMP learning mode, it took me 8 hours to read through 100 questions a day. That is due to the nature of the questions and the tricky answers provided. Sometimes I have to read the questions 4 times to understand it and get the answer. During a real exam, I will not be possible to read and answer 200 questions within 4 hours, unless I get some questions simulator to Prepcast PMP exam. It would be very helpful if we get something like 20 - 30% similar questions. This will save time and of course a better score.
In brief, unless there are some similar questions as the simulator, I am not sure if I could pass the exam. Imagen getting a question to find a critical path or try to calculate the TCPI, or read a long question and understand it in 1.6 minutes. For me seem to be impossible.

I would like to point out that the questions in the Prepcast PMP exam Simulator are structured in a way that makes you believe it is same as the real exam.

As I said 9 months of intensive study reading Rita and then reading PMBOK, still I am not confident to pass the exam.

Appreciate your advice in advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login