fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam Dump Sheet

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam Dump Sheet

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15398

JJ

's Avatar

In my experience with my practice exams so far (and also with my CAPM exam) I found writing out the KAs and PGs to be valuable - purely for the fact I knew they were there. I actually haven't referred to the chart much at all but in practice where I have not written it out I find I am more stressed and second guess myself more frequently. This is totally personal preference though and I think everyone is different. Write down the things you are worried you'll forget! For instance I just started adding all the different types of Data Analysis techniques I can think of to my dump sheet - because sometimes I can't remember really obvious ones. I may not need them, but it makes me feel better!
5 years 5 months ago #15396

Nathan Boling, PMP

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I will try writing the process chart down doing a practice exam and see if there's any improvement in performance.
5 years 5 months ago #15395

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Nathan -
I had the same question, so I timed myself several times to see how long it took me to write down all formulas and the 49 processes. It took me between 14-15 minutes - consistently. I debated whether or not I would dump the formulas and processes and in the end - I did dump all formulas and processes. It paid off. I took the test on 10/6/2018 and during the test, I referred to the 49 processes simply to help during any questions that focused on a process and which group it was it, and more for how ITTO's worked / feed between the processes. I agree with Emily, each person is different, so if you really have all of it "memorized" and have quick and precise recall - you can probably be fine, but if you invest upfront it can save you some time on the back end of the test......I hope this helps.
5 years 5 months ago #15391

Emily Rivera, PMP

Hi Nathan,

Everyone is different and everyone prepares differently for exams, but I will tell you that personally, I did not write out the processes on a dump sheet for my exam. I know that many people DO write out the processes, however, so I would recommend trying practice exams both ways (both with and without the processes written out) and see if it makes a difference in your exam performance and/or comfort level.
5 years 5 months ago #15389

Nathan Boling, PMP

Hi,
Is it worth taking the time to write out the process chart (as found on page 25 in the PMBOK) as part of your dump sheet for the exam? I have memorized the chart as well as all of the formulas, just wondering if taking the additional time to write down the chart is worthwhile. Thoughts?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login