fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Exam Dump Sheet

PMP Exam Dump Sheet 5 years 6 months ago #15389

• Nathan Boling, PMP
  • Nathan Boling, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
Is it worth taking the time to write out the process chart (as found on page 25 in the PMBOK) as part of your dump sheet for the exam? I have memorized the chart as well as all of the formulas, just wondering if taking the additional time to write down the chart is worthwhile. Thoughts?

PMP Exam Dump Sheet 5 years 6 months ago #15391

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi Nathan,

Everyone is different and everyone prepares differently for exams, but I will tell you that personally, I did not write out the processes on a dump sheet for my exam. I know that many people DO write out the processes, however, so I would recommend trying practice exams both ways (both with and without the processes written out) and see if it makes a difference in your exam performance and/or comfort level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan Boling, PMP

[email protected] 5 years 6 months ago #15395

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Nathan -
I had the same question, so I timed myself several times to see how long it took me to write down all formulas and the 49 processes. It took me between 14-15 minutes - consistently. I debated whether or not I would dump the formulas and processes and in the end - I did dump all formulas and processes. It paid off. I took the test on 10/6/2018 and during the test, I referred to the 49 processes simply to help during any questions that focused on a process and which group it was it, and more for how ITTO's worked / feed between the processes. I agree with Emily, each person is different, so if you really have all of it "memorized" and have quick and precise recall - you can probably be fine, but if you invest upfront it can save you some time on the back end of the test......I hope this helps.

PMP Exam Dump Sheet 5 years 6 months ago #15396

• Nathan Boling, PMP
  • Nathan Boling, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I will try writing the process chart down doing a practice exam and see if there's any improvement in performance.

PMP Exam Dump Sheet 5 years 6 months ago #15398

• JJ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In my experience with my practice exams so far (and also with my CAPM exam) I found writing out the KAs and PGs to be valuable - purely for the fact I knew they were there. I actually haven't referred to the chart much at all but in practice where I have not written it out I find I am more stressed and second guess myself more frequently. This is totally personal preference though and I think everyone is different. Write down the things you are worried you'll forget! For instance I just started adding all the different types of Data Analysis techniques I can think of to my dump sheet - because sometimes I can't remember really obvious ones. I may not need them, but it makes me feel better!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login