fbpx

Reply: Preparing for PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Preparing for PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14880

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

I actually liked the Andy Crowe approach to the subject matter.....and yes definitely flash cards that you make yourself.

Good luck!
5 years 7 months ago #14870

John Wolverton

Asim,
Tracy is spot on and I would add using Flash Cards. I made my own from the PMBOK and the ones from the PrepCast. Making your own has the added advantage of learning the material as you make them.
Best Wishes
jfw
5 years 7 months ago #14869

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Asim,

Great question... The PrepCast is a great start to your PMP studies and it's how I earned the PDUs needed in order to meet PMI's requirements for certification. However, I don't think many of us would say that's the end of the studying. I strongly recommend another study source (such as Rita's book) before delving into the practice tests. Some people read the entire PMBOK cover-to-cover one or more times as well (I did not do this, but I used the PMBOK as a reference and a way to resolve questions I had).

You can also check out the Lessons Learned forum ( www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...exam-lessons-learned ) to see how others approached their studies. You can adapt others' experiences to your own needs and style.

Best of luck!
Tracy
5 years 7 months ago #14867

Asim Qureshi

Hello All,

Although I have had access to PM PrepCast for sometime, today is my first day listening to the podcast. This may be a dumb question but I was under the impression the Podcast would be the holygrail for me to prepare for the test. Should I be getting Rita study guide as well as PrepCast podcast? Am I missing something here? I understand I need to practice tests but I'm assuming this would be after I have gone thru the podcasts right?

I appreciate any feedback.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login