fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Preparing for PMP

Preparing for PMP 5 years 7 months ago #14867

• Asim Qureshi
  • Asim Qureshi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All,

Although I have had access to PM PrepCast for sometime, today is my first day listening to the podcast. This may be a dumb question but I was under the impression the Podcast would be the holygrail for me to prepare for the test. Should I be getting Rita study guide as well as PrepCast podcast? Am I missing something here? I understand I need to practice tests but I'm assuming this would be after I have gone thru the podcasts right?

I appreciate any feedback.

Preparing for PMP 5 years 7 months ago #14869

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Asim,

Great question... The PrepCast is a great start to your PMP studies and it's how I earned the PDUs needed in order to meet PMI's requirements for certification. However, I don't think many of us would say that's the end of the studying. I strongly recommend another study source (such as Rita's book) before delving into the practice tests. Some people read the entire PMBOK cover-to-cover one or more times as well (I did not do this, but I used the PMBOK as a reference and a way to resolve questions I had).

You can also check out the Lessons Learned forum ( www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...exam-lessons-learned ) to see how others approached their studies. You can adapt others' experiences to your own needs and style.

Best of luck!
Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner, John Wolverton

Preparing for PMP 5 years 7 months ago #14870

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Asim,
Tracy is spot on and I would add using Flash Cards. I made my own from the PMBOK and the ones from the PrepCast. Making your own has the added advantage of learning the material as you make them.
Best Wishes
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner

Preparing for PMP 5 years 7 months ago #14880

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I actually liked the Andy Crowe approach to the subject matter.....and yes definitely flash cards that you make yourself.

Good luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login