fbpx

Reply: Processes vs Content Outline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Processes vs Content Outline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14841

Ty Weston, PMP

I do not believe it is put in order for the sake of the PMBOK guide, though it somewhat follows it.
There questions you may encounter that cross several processes or are not contained in the PMBOK.
The test is not intended to test you on the PMBOK, but to test your knowledge of project management and the ability to understand the concepts and think outside the box.
Do not get fixated on the outline, get fixated on understanding the process.
5 years 7 months ago #14830

Bennet Saumer

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the preparation for the exam, probably roughly 1 month left until I will actually take it.

Now, I wonder how the Content Outline interacts with the 49 different processes. Is the outline the recommended sequence on how to approach the projects? Why is the order of the processes different? Why are some processes not even mentioned in the Content Outline?

Example:
Outline
Initiate: Task 3 is "Perform stakeholder analysis"
Initiate: Task 5 is "Develop project charter"

Processes
Initiate: Process 1 is "Develop project charter"
Initiate: Process 1 is "Identify stakeholders"

Is my understanding correct that the Outline is a high-level summary of the different processes put in a logical order?
Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login