fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Processes vs Content Outline

Processes vs Content Outline 5 years 8 months ago #14830

• Bennet Saumer
  • Bennet Saumer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the preparation for the exam, probably roughly 1 month left until I will actually take it.

Now, I wonder how the Content Outline interacts with the 49 different processes. Is the outline the recommended sequence on how to approach the projects? Why is the order of the processes different? Why are some processes not even mentioned in the Content Outline?

Example:
Outline
Initiate: Task 3 is "Perform stakeholder analysis"
Initiate: Task 5 is "Develop project charter"

Processes
Initiate: Process 1 is "Develop project charter"
Initiate: Process 1 is "Identify stakeholders"

Is my understanding correct that the Outline is a high-level summary of the different processes put in a logical order?
Thanks

Processes vs Content Outline 5 years 8 months ago #14841

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
I do not believe it is put in order for the sake of the PMBOK guide, though it somewhat follows it.
There questions you may encounter that cross several processes or are not contained in the PMBOK.
The test is not intended to test you on the PMBOK, but to test your knowledge of project management and the ability to understand the concepts and think outside the box.
Do not get fixated on the outline, get fixated on understanding the process.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login