fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Discouraged

Discouraged 5 years 8 months ago #14802

• Tea
  • Tea 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear All,

I m so discouraged, I have being reading for a month now, have read the pmbok and finished all the prepcast videos so I did a random test today from pmzest of 100question and to my surprise I got 46%.

Can somebody advice me on what else I can do, my exam is like 35 days from today.

Please help.

Discouraged 5 years 8 months ago #14806

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Taiwo,

First of all -- Courage! You can do this, and you have time. IF you're really worried about the time, you can check to see if you can get a later test date and reschedule it.

As for your approach, I would recommend a couple of things:
  1. Get a supplementary text, such as the Rita book. Read it, take its practice tests. (The PMBOK does NOT cover all the topics you need to know for the test).
  2. Once you complete the book, start taking practice tests (the PMP Exam Simulator worked great for me, I think it's a super product). After each test, analyze what you got wrong or didn't understand well to see where your week areas are and re-visit them.

Don't freak out. You actually haven't been studying all the long and can take some patience to really dig in repeatedly until you're comfortable.

Best of luck to you!
Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton, Tea

Discouraged 5 years 8 months ago #14807

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Taiwo

You are doing fine... just to give you an idea.. I have my PMP Tomorrow.
I have read the PmBook Guide
Ritas PMP Book
PMP Fast Track Video
I have done over 1500 questions.. and still my scores are not why i Want... every time i take a test.. I make sure I review the questions I got wrong and take note... ITS A FAILURE UNTILL YOU DECIDE TO QUIT... Take it easy and just focus , get extra learning aids and dont.. worry , just keep a positive attitude and put in the hours to improve.

You still have time... besides its just a test... its not a life or death issue.. so relax

Discouraged 5 years 8 months ago #14808

• Tea
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you. All the best in your Exam.

Discouraged 5 years 8 months ago #14816

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi Taiwo

I had the same feeling as you few months ago. The first 4 of my mock exams are 59% 55% 51% 53%.

First of all, if possible, you can reschedule your exam before the 30-day mark. That would automatically take away some stress off you.

Secondly, you said you read through the PMBOK but scored badly on the exam. One of the reason is because you didn't remember the concepts, you only recognize them as you read through

Strongly recommend you order the Rita book. Use the triangulation method (ex. For a specific chapter, read PMBOK+Prepcast first, then the same chapter in Rita's, finally pick off the really hard concept by watching a visual demo like Youtube). I guarantee you will significantly increase your next mock exam score using this method (for me, my 5th exam was in the 75% range)

For the first few mock exam, review ALL questions even the correct ones. Do as much mock exam as possible (PMzest, Prepcast, OliverLehmann etc etc). Jot down why you answer the question wrong (is it something you never encountered? something you don't remember? or simply just human error) and go back to that specific section in the PMBOK to review.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Discouraged 5 years 8 months ago #14819

• Tea
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank You, got Rita book already and I have started reading. Took the remaining month off work to focus.

I am going to pass the exam.
Thanks.

Discouraged 5 years 7 months ago #15023

• Tea
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear All,

Thank you all for advice, I passed the PMP exam today.

3 Above TARGET and 2 BELOW TARGET

Discouraged 5 years 7 months ago #15024

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
You did it! Congratulations!

We would love to hear your story about how your hard work leads to success, if possible can you share with us on the Lessons Learned forum?
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login