fbpx

Reply: PMP Study Plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Study Plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14624

Rohan Panade PMP

Thank you for your inputs Tracy.
Regards,
Rohan
5 years 8 months ago #14601

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Rohan,

While your mileage may vary, I found that the PMBOK was only of value to me as a reference to answer specific questions. I have never read it cover-to-cover. Even if you DO find value in reading the whole thing (and many have), I would NOT start there. I would START with the PM PrepCast - this will give you both a good overview to prepare you for further study as well as get you the credits you need to apply to PMI to take the exam.

After that I would use one of the well-known prep books (I used Rita's book) and then moved on to the exam simulations. If you want to read the PMBOK, I would do it after finishing the prep book.

Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck with your studies!

Tracy
5 years 8 months ago #14598

Rohan Panade PMP

Hi Leads,
Congratulations for all who have sucessfully passed the PMP exam in recent times.
My exam is scheduled in Oct 2018 and would highly appreciate your inputs on my study approach makes sense:
The objective - Current focus is get complete understanding of PMP concepts through:
1. Through understanding of PMBOK Guide - Part 1 & 2
2. Once step 1 is complete - Switch to PMP Prepcast for further more clarification on concepts/modules
3. Along with Step 2 - Take Online exams and Mock Tests before taking Prepcast Simulation full length exams

Your immediate inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan Panade

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login