fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Study Plan

PMP Study Plan 5 years 8 months ago #14598

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Rohan Panade PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Leads,
Congratulations for all who have sucessfully passed the PMP exam in recent times.
My exam is scheduled in Oct 2018 and would highly appreciate your inputs on my study approach makes sense:
The objective - Current focus is get complete understanding of PMP concepts through:
1. Through understanding of PMBOK Guide - Part 1 & 2
2. Once step 1 is complete - Switch to PMP Prepcast for further more clarification on concepts/modules
3. Along with Step 2 - Take Online exams and Mock Tests before taking Prepcast Simulation full length exams

Your immediate inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rohan Panade

PMP Study Plan 5 years 8 months ago #14601

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Rohan,

While your mileage may vary, I found that the PMBOK was only of value to me as a reference to answer specific questions. I have never read it cover-to-cover. Even if you DO find value in reading the whole thing (and many have), I would NOT start there. I would START with the PM PrepCast - this will give you both a good overview to prepare you for further study as well as get you the credits you need to apply to PMI to take the exam.

After that I would use one of the well-known prep books (I used Rita's book) and then moved on to the exam simulations. If you want to read the PMBOK, I would do it after finishing the prep book.

Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck with your studies!

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

PMP Study Plan 5 years 8 months ago #14624

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Rohan Panade PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for your inputs Tracy.
Regards,
Rohan
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login