Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Certification really does matter

PMP Certification really does matter 11 months 2 weeks ago #14507

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Exactly a week after I passed my PMP, I started looking for jobs. I found two jobs $20k more than what I am currently paid.

I was ready to move to another company, when my current countered offer.

I just feel, it was my PMP certification that gave me confidence, and finally got the pay I think I deserve.

The intention of this message is to let everyone know that it is worth all the studying. In the end, the certification weighs a lot.

So don't procrastinate. Just go take it ..

PMP Certification really does matter 11 months 2 weeks ago #14508

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Glad to hear this was of help to you, keep pressing forward and learning new material!
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

PMP Certification really does matter 11 months 2 weeks ago #14509

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Congrats it helps. For certain projects having a PM that is PMP certified is a contractual requirement as well.

It is good to have in your hip pocket.
Last edit: by Genevieve Pluviose, PMP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...