fbpx

Reply: PM PrepCast Elite training modules relation to PMP test domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM PrepCast Elite training modules relation to PMP test domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14330

Noel Assegid

's Avatar

Hello Tracy,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's greatly helpful to have a perspective from someone coming with years of experience in the project management field. I now have a better perspective of how to use the materials in the PM PrepCast Elite training and will be sure to include a supplemental training guide. My co-worker also suggested Rita's PMP Exam Prep book. Great to know it was helpful in preparing for the test.

Thanks again!
Noel
5 years 9 months ago #14329

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Noel,

I would say they covered the topics well. For perspective, when I began studying for the PMP I had been a project manager for a couple of decades. And while I'd had occasional employer training on project management, it was never what I would call PMI-ish to any great degree. So, as far as learning the PMI-PMP processes and definitions specifically, I was a newbie. I did the PMPrepcast course (in my home office -- my home is small, and everyone in my family can now imitate Cornelius' voice) and the exam simulator. In addition to that, the only other "course" was Rita's book. I never read the PMBoK cover-to-cover , but I did reference to clarify questions I had when reading other sources or when figuring out why I chose the wrong answer on a sample question.

So, from my perspective, the PMPrepcast and simulator are central, but I would never recommend going without a supplemental course via one of the books that are available.

I hope this helped answer your question!

Best of luck in your studies!
Tracy
5 years 9 months ago #14328

Noel Assegid

's Avatar

Hello,

I am finally ready to register for a PMP training and I really like the PM PrepCast Elite training and simulator option.

To make sure that I can be well-prepared for the exam, I wanted to know how well the 12 modules, in the PM PrepCast Elite training, covered the domains that will be in the PMP test (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, Closing)?

I wanted to get a sense of how similar or different it would be to take the PMP exam after completing the PM PrepCast Elite training and simulator.

I would greatly appreciate feedback and thoughts from the forum. Thank you! Noel

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login