fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How I passed...

How I passed... 5 years 9 months ago #14323

• W Bob Bryenton
  • W Bob Bryenton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
first off, I finally decided to get my PMP because of a work requirement. I have been a PM for over 20 years without certification. I was the Goto Guy for high profile or critical projects and have built my brand on delivery.

How hard could this be? Over confident, I failed my first attempt!!!! Much scotch drinking and depression occurred! Was this the end of my career because of 3 letters?

I found the videos to be of very limited use. The exams, however were gold. The problem with my first attempt was my domain knowledge and the OPAs that i have been leveraging. We do things "a bit different". The explanation of the answers were far more informative for me. I had to learn to answer the PMP questions the PMI way instead of the PMO way at work here.

For each question ask: "How does the PMBOK want me to answer?" With that one question at the forefront of my touque, I was above average in all domains.

The biggest help was the mini quizes in learning mode where i could see the answer immediately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

How I passed... 5 years 9 months ago #14324

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
W Bob,
Déjà vu all over again! My story too (with rum not scotch) however I did love the videos and added the flashcards.
Whatever works, Congratulations !
Best Wishes
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
Last edit: by John Wolverton.

How I passed... 5 years 9 months ago #14326

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Congratulations!

We all need to adjust our study plan and approach to accommodate our own needs and personal style. Cheers to you for sticking it out AND for fulfilling your employer's requirement.
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

How I passed... 5 years 9 months ago #14327

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Congrats and thanks for the humorous post!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login