fbpx

Reply: Acquire resource - Up for discussion on this question

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Acquire resource - Up for discussion on this question

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 9 months ago #14295

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

In addition to Ty's response, I would add that from a test-taking perspective the answers other than C are fairly easily eliminated as being impractical/impossible or not even making a lot of sense. The premise of this question was that the developer was committed elsewhere. There was no indication that he was available part time. So, that eliminates B.

Best wishes,
Tracy
5 years 9 months ago #14293

Ty Weston, PMP

It doesn’t, but you need to document issues you ran into, which is what you always do regardless of the situation.
The answer just states that you will not get this developer, so you just need to document that and document a future solution, which is pre-assignment.
You need to think out of the box here. You will not get this person, but you can write about it and move on.
5 years 10 months ago #14210

Luke Ho

I'm doing my study mode and got hit with this question as attached. In this situation, I am in the process of acquiring the resource and the issue is that the resource I want is taken. Out of the available choices, B is the only one that addresses the current issue, although not a good solution. The provided answer is C, to add a recommendation in the lessons learned register to help future projects. How is that even close to resolving my current situation of the missing resource on my current project?

I welcome inputs.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login