fbpx

Reply: Review Book - is it a must?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Review Book - is it a must?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14160

May Moe

@ John and Genevieve Pluviose. Thank you both!

I go and check John's link and it says PM Prepcast flashcard is not available as of now. As both of you replied, I think creating own flash cards will be more suitable for me too. Thanks again.
5 years 10 months ago #14158

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

I must chime in here.

I used the Andy Crowe PMP book which has companion flashcards available. A couple were helpful, but I ended up depending on my home made flashcards the most. I feel those are the best. You craft them as you like.
5 years 10 months ago #14157

John Wolverton

May
This one: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam/the-pm-flashcards
and I made my own from the PMBOK
jfw
5 years 10 months ago #14145

May Moe

Hello Tracy,

I am studying for PMP exam by reading PMBOK 6 and learning from PM Prepcast. I'm interested the flashcard application you are using as I'm also looking for that too. Could you tell me the name of the application please? Thank you.

Thanks!
5 years 10 months ago #14139

Jojo

's Avatar

The single best thing that helped me was the Rita Mulcahy PMP exam prep. It’s easy to understand, for sure. Read that. Don’t read the PMBOK for understanding and context.
5 years 10 months ago #14134

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

For what it's worth, the supplemental book I chose was the primary study source for me (I used Rita's book). I NEVER read the PMBOK cover-to-cover. For me, it is mind numbing. I DID use it as a reference frequently to resolve questions and I would skim over it, particularly the process flow diagrams with inputs/outputs.

To jump on John's comment, I used flashcards (loaded on my smart phone) so I could study terms wherever I was and had a few minutes. It DID help me.

Good luck!

Tracy

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login