fbpx

Reply: Thank you Prep Cast :)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Thank you Prep Cast :)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14124

Charmed

Do you mean the questions are shorter or the allowed time is shorter than the mock tests?[/quote]

The questions are shorter, total time for the exam is the same 4 hours for the mock test, 4 hours for the real exam.

The questions in the real exam are shorter, and more vague. You have to read between lines. But the mock tests prep us for this.

Hope I answered your question.
5 years 10 months ago #14115

Luke Ho

Cyreel Basabica wrote: I passed my PMP today.
The actual is shorter than the mock tests

Do you mean the questions are shorter or the allowed time is shorter than the mock tests?
5 years 10 months ago #14086

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

Congratulations!!

All the best.
5 years 10 months ago #14085

Robert Burke

I also passed my exam today and would also like to thank the PrepCast team and the material supplied.
I agree with everything Cyreel has mentioned as it seems we were on a similar timeline.
My main study tools were:
- all 50+ hours of Cornelius's videos (I too, have the intro music ingrained in my head), of which I took notes on over 500 index cards, using the PMBOK as a guide only
- I printed out all the end of chapter exams and cut them up to create individual questions with answers and explanations attached to the back
- I did 5 mock exams - never scored above a 75% but i went through all of them a second time to fully understand the answer descriptions (to both incorrect and correct questions)
- I used a couple of relatively inexpensive apps for when I was on the go
- study and practiced using the formula's
What I did NOT do was try to memorize ITTO's or read the PMBOK guide cover to cover
My final test results were :
Initiation - needs improvement :(
Planning - above target
Executing - above target
M&C - above target
Closing - above target
Thanks again PrepCast - I will definitely recommend!
5 years 10 months ago #14064

Charmed

The PrepCast and the simulator are perfect. I never understoood the book until I heard Cornelius voice over and explain each chapter.

The feature that explains why your answers were incorrect helped a lot.

I will definitely recommend this to my colleagues. By the way, this is also a recommendation from a friend.

Thank you again!
5 years 10 months ago #14063

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Cyreel,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

We are excited to see you among our first customers who passed the new PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition based exam and would be glad to hear any suggestions on how to improve our products, and specifically, our PMP Exam Simulator, for all those who want to follow your path to success. Please feel free to contact us if you have any recommendations.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login