fbpx

Reply: Building Stamina and Focus

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Building Stamina and Focus

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #14011

Regina

's Avatar

Knowing when you loose focus is very important - you can plan you approach built on that. For myself I did the test in batches of 75-75-50 questions, with short breaks in between (not leaving the room, but closing my eyes for a couple of minutes, taking some deep breaths). After finishing the 200 I left the room for a drink of water and some snacks, returned and reviewed (note that leaving the room is very time consuming, since you have to do the full security check when returning).
When you have this rhythm you should practice full 4 hour practice exams as often as possible.
Concentration is key since the answer could hang on a single word in the sentence, so you have to keep concentration up over all 200 questions.
5 years 11 months ago #13940

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Lila-Mae,

In addition to the helpful tips already suggested, I recommend that you eat a balanced diet and get a lot of sleep the night before test day. And don't stress your brain too much the night before; knock off practice questions and studying a few hours before you go to bed. Meditate, read, relax. It will all help keep you fresh for the exam.

- Steven
5 years 11 months ago #13901

Audrey Esarey

I was also fatigued somewhere between question 85-110. Push through and answer all 200 - this is how you must condition yourself to make it through the exam when you take it at the testing center. You'll have other stress that day, so having fatigue is something you can train your brain to work through.
5 years 11 months ago #13895

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

The testing is, for sure, grueling. However, as others have shared, it becomes less so with practice.

For myself, I felt that a test every day was a bit much. I preferred to take the test on one day and then spend the next day reviewing/analyzing my results. This maximized my learning from the simulated test AND gave a bit of a break before taking the next one.

Keep practicing. This IS doable!
5 years 11 months ago #13892

Patrick Floris PhD PMP

you will build stamina naturally by taking more and more practice tests. I was the same at the start of the PMP journey, but I got used to it after going through at least 1 simulated test each day for a few weeks before the real test.

Also no harm in taking a small break at the 100 question mark if it helps to get back into focus. In the exam you'll be able to take breaks but you should go in with a clear time-management approach.

It is crucial that you answer all questions in the exam, even if you have to guess some
5 years 11 months ago #13844

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

Taking practice exams helped me build my test taking muscles.

Also make sure you are well fed and have the caffeine you are used to having --- if any...

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login