fbpx

Reply: Please let me know your opinion on the following questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Please let me know your opinion on the following questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14077

RAJA DAS

Hi Saloni,

Thanks for your time.
The correct answer lies in the question itself. The question you have highlighted, that talks about building five bridges into five phases. That's mean every phase can be treated as a project. Hence you must prepare project charter.

Thanks
Raja
5 years 10 months ago #14066

Saloni Nigam

Hi Raja,
I think the following link clearly describes your first question.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...question-of-the-week

Thanks,
Saloni
5 years 11 months ago #13943

Ty Weston, PMP

A project can have multiple phases or iterations, but if the ultimate goal is still a project, by definition, then there is only one charter.
As a side note, a program having a purpose, may have multiple projects, where multiple charters may be involved for that program.
5 years 11 months ago #13937

RAJA DAS

Thanks Saloni.
I agree with you on question 2 & 3 answer.

However, I still believe creating project charter for each phase defies the very purpose of project charter.
My understanding is unless it's clearly defined that new phase is treated as a separate project, creating charter may not be a good idea.
5 years 11 months ago #13894

Saloni Nigam

Hi there,
I would attempt replying to your questions one by one. I would like to tell you in advance that I am still a PMP aspirant.
Question 1: A project is divided into phases. After completion of one phase and before entering into next phase, what you need to perform? Create project charter or create project management plan. My understanding is project management plan. Let me know if you agree/disagree with the choice.
Answer: Each phase of a project is considered as an individual project in itself. We need to develop project charter in the initiation phase of each project phase. The project management plan is an output of the Develop Project Management Plan process in the Project Integration Management Knowledge area. It is created and updated progressively throughout the project.

Question 2: In closing process, it needs to make sure that all requirement has been met. My questions is if it is found that one/some of the requirement is not met, how that will be addressed? Is there any possibility that a change request will be issued to handle this variance?
Answer: If a requirement is not met, then Project Manager should communicate it to the project team and customer before closing. Based on the discussion and approval from key stakeholders, either that requirement has to be executed in the given phase or moved to the next phase. If it moves to the next phase then it should be documented as an approved changed request.

Question 3: There is a approved change request. The baseline(s) and project management plan needs to be updated. Under which process they will be updated? Direct & manage work or Monitor and control work. My understanding is Monitor and control process is the right choice.
Answer: Yes, I think 'Monitoring & Controlling' is the right choice.
5 years 11 months ago #13834

RAJA DAS

I've following couple of questions. I've received these questions from various forum. I didn't find consistent answer.
Please let me know what you think about them.

Question 1: A project is divided into phases. After completion of one phase and before entering into next phase, what you need to perform? Create project charter or create project management plan. My understanding is project management plan. Let me know if you agree/disagree with the choice.

Question 2: In closing process, it needs to make sure that all requirement has been met. My questions is if it is found that one/some of the requirement is not met, how that will be addressed? Is there any possibility that a change request will be issued to handle this variance?

Question 3: There is a approved change request. The baseline(s) and project management plan needs to be updated. Under which process they will be updated? Direct & manage work or Monitor and control work. My understanding is Monitor and control process is the right choice.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login