fbpx

Reply: PMP 6TH EDITION

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP 6TH EDITION

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13695

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thankyou very much. Well detailed answer and make much sense.
6 years 1 week ago #13693

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Anonymous,

It is now a question of 'weight', but instead a question of "What does the PMP Examination Content Outline say?".

I've contacted PMI directly about this and received the following answer from Simona Fallavollita who is Product Manager at PMI:

“The Agile Practice Guide offers a more comprehensive perspective on agile applications and is a useful resource for gaining a greater understanding of this approach to project management. In-depth knowledge of agile practices is not required for the PMP, though. There could be some agile questions on the PMP exam as we know the practice of agile methods is growing in prominence and project managers need to be equipped to choose the most appropriate approach for their projects. However, any agile related questions would still need to fit within the context of the current PMP exam content outline. That being the case, people should not expect to see in-depth assessment of agile topics on the PMP exam.”
6 years 1 week ago #13683

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hello Cornelius Fichtner

Thanks for the response. Is there a reason for the assumption that Agile Practice Guide carries lesser weight. Since this is the new addition to the PMBOK scope, i see it as a integral & import part of the updated exam.

Would like to know your views.
6 years 1 week ago #13664

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Vinod,

Reading The Agile Practice Guide is recommended but not strictly necessary. You may encounter some questions about Agile/Adaptive Environments on the PMP Exam but the primary focus is going to be on the more traditional, predictive methodologies.
6 years 1 week ago #13645

Ty Weston, PMP

You could be tested on information contained there, or from other sources.
6 years 1 week ago #13640

Vinod Sankarshanan

ALONG WITH PMBOK GUIDE I RECEIVED AN AGILE PRACTICE GUIDE ALSO. WHICH IS ANOTHER 167 PAGES!!!!!. Do we have to study this book as well while preparing for exams.
i am planning to give exam on 1st Week of May 2018. do you think this is enough time to study and do the Prepcast simulators.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login