fbpx

Reply: Failed Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13632

Shujaat Ali Khan

Sorry John, as advised correctly take a break from PMP and then start preparing ... you can do it, man!!!! Best wishes
6 years 2 weeks ago #13599

John

Thanks...

when reviewing my Exam Analysis I noticed that under Monitoring and Controlling which was "Below Target" but of all 7 task items, its only "Task 1" that I was only on. I was high on task 2 and 3 then medium on Tasks 4 to 7... I thought that would be more on "Target" wouldn't it?
6 years 2 weeks ago #13562

Patrick Floris PhD PMP

Sorry to hear John, it must be quite demoralizing to invest time and effort and not achieving the desired outcome.

The 12 months waiting time can be an advantage or a disadvantage depends on how you want to look at it.

It really is crucial at this stage to use this time available to assess where the weak areas are. I presume you got the exam reports, are there specific areas where you are persistently scoring below target?

Also what was the preparation method? Reading which books and taking which tests? PMP really needs understanding of concepts to pass the exam as the question on the day will never be the same as in the practice tests.

I found that the benefit of the prepcast questions was that they were quite long therefore they get you to think. The questions in my exam where actually shorter than what I had observed on the prepcast and in someway easier. This was my experience and might have been down to pure chance as the database of questions is huge and they are generated randomly.

Considering you have 12 months, I would take a 1 month break from PMP thoughts and start thinking about how you can improve your preparation based on your weak areas. The exam will also be slightly different in 12 months so make sure that you keep up to date with the changes and make sure whatever poll of questions you use to prepare is up to date with the latest exam format.

Wish you all the best,

Patrick
6 years 2 weeks ago #13559

John

This was my 3rd try! Now what? Per my results, I'm getting better, but just not there. The answers (or two of them) where so close together it had me taking so long to try to make the right pick(which we know now wasn't). First exam late Oct. 2017, second Jan 2018, then 3rd time was today. Months of reading and taking practice tests, just to be beat 3 times. Not sure what to do for the next 12 months before I try again.
Any thoughts.
Thanks,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login