fbpx

Reply: Forensic Investigation - Acceptable for PMP Experience Requirement

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Forensic Investigation - Acceptable for PMP Experience Requirement

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13295

Jay

's Avatar

I have the same issue - been working on project now for 3 years and my Initiating and Planning hours will be less than 5 and 11 % respectively, of the total hours due to the nature of the project - I just assume the PMI must have seen such projects before......
6 years 1 month ago #13291

Genevieve Pluviose, PMP

The type of project doesn’t matter. It is how you manage it. In response to question 2, be honest. Sometimes, PMs take over a project, so they weren’t involved in initiating but the description should reflect that.
6 years 1 month ago #13288

HCL

's Avatar

Question 1 - I project managed a multi-year overseas multi-country forensic investigation at a former employer - as I read the PMP experience requirement - this one off project does meet the criteria established by PMI. However, I can find no references, anywhere, to this type of experience being used by other PMI members for their experience requirements.

Question 2 - Further, the time spent on such a project is primarily spent (when looking at the project as a whole) on executing and monitoring + controlling and worry that PMI has certain preconceived notions on what is a "typical" project, and how the PM allocates their time across the 5 process areas? Should I be concerned about a potential audit risk ? I have nothing to hide, but I, like I suppose thousands of others, am trying to wrap this up before the upcoming change in the PMP exam.

Comments, advice, suggestions would be appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login