fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Forensic Investigation - Acceptable for PMP Experience Requirement

Forensic Investigation - Acceptable for PMP Experience Requirement 6 years 2 months ago #13288

• HCL
  • HCL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Question 1 - I project managed a multi-year overseas multi-country forensic investigation at a former employer - as I read the PMP experience requirement - this one off project does meet the criteria established by PMI. However, I can find no references, anywhere, to this type of experience being used by other PMI members for their experience requirements.

Question 2 - Further, the time spent on such a project is primarily spent (when looking at the project as a whole) on executing and monitoring + controlling and worry that PMI has certain preconceived notions on what is a "typical" project, and how the PM allocates their time across the 5 process areas? Should I be concerned about a potential audit risk ? I have nothing to hide, but I, like I suppose thousands of others, am trying to wrap this up before the upcoming change in the PMP exam.

Comments, advice, suggestions would be appreciated.

Forensic Investigation - Acceptable for PMP Experience Requirement 6 years 2 months ago #13291

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
The type of project doesn’t matter. It is how you manage it. In response to question 2, be honest. Sometimes, PMs take over a project, so they weren’t involved in initiating but the description should reflect that.
Last edit: by Genevieve Pluviose, PMP.

Forensic Investigation - Acceptable for PMP Experience Requirement 6 years 2 months ago #13295

• Jay
  • Jay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have the same issue - been working on project now for 3 years and my Initiating and Planning hours will be less than 5 and 11 % respectively, of the total hours due to the nature of the project - I just assume the PMI must have seen such projects before......
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login