fbpx

Reply: PMP Audit Failed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Audit Failed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16527

Kate

's Avatar

Hi Ryan. I was curious to know if you changed your descriptions and they were accepted? I have a lot of store management experience and I’m having trouble conveying operations into the experience section also.
6 years 1 month ago #13139

Tas

's Avatar

Hello,
I am currently filling out the form and is hearing a lot about the mistakes made for the descriptions. Would you be kind enough to send me some samples of the descriptions so that it can help me initiate an idea for how I can word my PM experiences?

Thanks
6 years 1 month ago #13135

Scott Gillard

A couple things I'd maybe suggest:
Mention phases (Initiation, planning, execution, control, close) and how you performed in each one.
I don't know if they are this picky, but "a project charter was developed " might imply someone else did it?
You want to craft this so that you can show you understand PMP terminologies and how YOU participated in each one and directed the project through it's life cycle.
6 years 1 month ago #13134

Bryan

's Avatar

Hi

I'm seeking help as well for a failed audit and have rewritten my descriptions. I've been a little frustrated with the rejection so I need some suggestions before I bug my contacts again for approval after I submit the new application. Here's what I have so far (I just want to see if I'm on the right track)
Thank you for any help and suggestions

Establishment of an American Heart Association Training Center in Bahrain

Creation of an American Heart Association Training Center in Bahrain. As PM, I identified all stakeholders and their expectations, developed project charter which was approved by Hospital and AHA headquarters. Created WBS and assigned team work assignments, developed project budget based on WBS/activities, risk plan, team schedule and travel to submit to Hospital (PM plan). Managed team, communication, and TC operational procedures to develop the Center for AHA submission. Monitored TC performance, budget, provided documented feedback to AHA and Hospital. Hospital gained acceptance as a Community-based AHA Training Center.

Themeworks Relocation Project and Establishment of Showroom

Relocation project of a large event company and establishment of showroom. As the manager, I collected project requirements from owner, developed scope and WBS to develop the budget and schedule of the project to meet the milestones and constraints. Once PM Plan was approved by owner; I acquired and managed project team, organized renovation schedule and inventory management system, and handling issues and changes as needed. Once renovations were completed, we adjusted our schedule to meet project deadlines. New warehouse and showroom for potential clients were approved by the owner and our team updated lesson learned for future projects.

AED Community Lease Program

Development of an AED lease program. As Project manager, a project charter was developed after researching market need and identifying stakeholders. Created scope statement and the WBS along with the schedule, budget, and risk plan with the team I managed. I monitored training and establishing a sales program for the team while controlling the schedule and budget. A legal procurement produced a lease agreement and AED manufacturer’s agreements produced AEDs for lease which allowed transition into operations upon acceptance by business owners. The final project was the lease agreement created within the defined schedule, budget, and scope.

Home Renovation Project

Home Renovation project. As the project manager, the project charter was developed to renovate my client’s residence for increased market value. Once approved by the owner, I collected her requirements and consulted real estate agents’ expertise to develop a scope, WBS, activities list, and communication plan. Certain work was procured to licensed contractors and final budget and schedule were set with reserves for identified risks. Once PM plans were approved, contracted and other site work was managed and directed while monitoring schedule and budget. Closed contracts and project ahead of schedule and on budget after client approval.
6 years 1 month ago #13110

Anonymous

's Avatar

I had to account for 7500 hours and go approved no problem. PM me and I'll send you samples
6 years 1 month ago #13107

Anonymous

's Avatar

Understood. I appreciate the guidance and clarification, John.

R

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login