fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: FAILED THE EXAM 1st attempt

FAILED THE EXAM 1st attempt 6 years 2 months ago #12952

• Lina
  • Lina's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,

Today I failed the pmp exam. I thought the questions. We're easy but I was wrong most of the answers that I thought were correct were not.

The questions have a lot of twist and turns. The questions had two answers or pre trial answers in them.

I got three needs improvement in planning direct and manage and monitor and control project work. Above target in close and target in planning.

I wil retake the exam in three weeks since the info are still fresh.

I had problems in the following chapters

Integration
Scope
HR
Risk
Procurement
Stakeholders

I wil prepare a study plan by reading two chapters from Rita and the summary notes I did in the pmbok .

After reading the chapters I will do quizzes from Rita. At the end of each week after I Noah the 6 chapters I will take on mock exam from Rita v8 fats track. The first mock will determine my mistakes aside from the 6 chapters and then I will review my mistakes.

In three weeks I should don3 mocks exams at the end of each week.

I will go with v8 fats track because most of the exams I did was from prep cast. My scores were between 70% and 82%

But now I am changing the strategy and going for Rita v8 fast track because of i take the prep cast exams I will know the answers already and I don't want that becaause technically I memorized the exams of the prep cast or have some familiarity about the answers

Summary do the above.

Read two chapters everyday from Rita and do one mock exam
Reappear the same process for two weeks

Find the weaknesses and review them

Do you think this is a good plan star very for the second attempt?

Kindly advice,

FAILED THE EXAM 1st attempt 6 years 2 months ago #13022

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 5
We are really sorry to hear that you did not pass your PMP exam. Our best advice for you is to read the following article and listen to the podcast as well.

Cornelius wrote the article with input from Kevin Reilly and then we also decided to record it for the podcast:
1) Listen to the interview: www.project-management-podcast.com/index...pmp-exam-three-times
2) www.cornelius-fichtner.com/index.php/pmp...the-pmp-exam-3-times

In the article/interview we talk about failing the exam 3 times. The advice we give can be applied to your situation as well. You can analyze your situation based on our suggestions.

We also recommend that you listen to the interview with Dan about how a coach helps you after a failed exam: traffic.libsyn.com/pmpodcast/L00.51_Dan_Ryan_Coaching.mp3

Keep going at it! We promise that it can be done!
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login