fbpx

Reply: Crack PMP Exam in 100 hours

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Crack PMP Exam in 100 hours

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13045

Raman Pushkar

's Avatar

Thanks Tracy for your wishes. Absolutely agreed that one's experience, knowledge and reading style would be subjective.
6 years 1 month ago #13044

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thank you Tracy for your wishes and your views, I could so that I have been fortunate to do so. I wish luck to all the aspirants.
As you well said it's subjective to personal knowledge, experience and style of study.
6 years 1 month ago #13027

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Raman,

You are the Hercules of PMP preparation! If the PMP exam were the Augean Stables, you cleaned up handily.

There is no way I would have been prepared in 100 hours myself (and, in fact I had to take it earlier than planned due to a sudden external commitment that would have precluded study time and forced me to finish up about 10 days sooner than planned when I was planning for twice that). Nevertheless, I don't think there is any doubt that personal knowledge, experience and style are huge factors that need to be accounted for in a successful preparation plan. It's very individualistic even though there are likely mostly common elements in every plan.

You, my friend, are on the opposite side of the bell curve from me!

Congrats to you!

Tracy
6 years 1 month ago #13026

RAMAN PUSHKAR

's Avatar

Dear Steven,

Thanks for your wishes.

As I mentioned 100 hours was good for me and this is subjective to experience and understanding of the each chapter /subjects.
For me less around 2 weeks was good for study., some points for reference which might benefit the exam candidates:
1. ~50 pages per day, so covered 416 pages of PMBOK 5th edition in 8 days 8 hours per day (8*8) (Days*hours)
2. 2 days of mock tests covering ~700 questions 10 hours per day (2*8)
3. Revision for a day on weak knowledge areas where one has to improve basis the mock tests given (1*10)
So overall 8 (8*8)+2 (10*2)+1 (1*10) =11 days which is like less than 2 weeks and ~100 hours.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further clarification or details from my end.
6 years 2 months ago #12865

Anita Foreman

Thank you.
6 years 2 months ago #12813

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Raman,

Congrats on passing the exam! Can you shed some light on the breakdown of your 100 hours? For example, how many hours per night did you study, how many weeks, etc.

For most students, 100 hours may not be enough - I recommend a spread-out study plan of at least 3 months (though the hourly breakdown will vary based on each individual's comprehension).

- Steven

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login