fbpx

Reply: Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 months ago #12689

Muammar Nasser

I did a practice test today and scored 60% exactly.
Most of my wrong answers are in tools and techniques of Proc. Mgmt, HR Mgmt and Comm. Mgmt. (very rare mistakes in Scope, Cost, and Time because every time I decide to do the exam i finish them then some circumstances stop me and so on)
Also some theories and formulas that I dint remember and haven't used in my real work.

However, I'll not let this experience fool me, because real exam has different factors, but i feel I have no problem with concept of PMP exam and what it tests exactly, I just need to study extensively for the next 4 weeks.

thanks again
6 years 3 months ago #12677

Muammar Nasser

's Avatar

Thanks Tracy.
Yes I’ll try John’s idea.

I agree with you PMBOK is very dry. When you read you feel that you read a constitution :).. which needs laws to explain.

I’ll read Andy Crow.. i

Thanks guys for the advices.
6 years 3 months ago #12676

Muammar Nasser

's Avatar

Thanks dear.
I’ll consider your advice and see.
Anyhow, I have to do as soon as possible.. extending the time of study wont work with me. I tried many times a plan of 2 months but get busy or disconnect after two weeks.
6 years 3 months ago #12674

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

I think John's advice is very good. Determine if you just need to focus on specific areas.

FWIW, I NEVER read the PMBOK (I frankly just found it too painful - I tried but changed my strategy). I did reference it often during my studies to clarify questions.

Best of luck!

Tracy
6 years 3 months ago #12673

John Wolverton

Maybe, take a pre test to see where you score without study. If you score above 60% you may have to just focus on a smaller area of study. If you are below 40%, probably not. I had a friend that passed after reading only the PMBOK once.
Best Wishes
6 years 3 months ago #12663

Muammar Nasser

Hi All,
As I read more post here, I got more frustrated.
It seems that the average of PMP study is not less than 2 months.
My main problem is that, I cannot commit for 2 continuous month of study on 1 subject due to many reasons.
3-4 week is the maximum I can commit to extensive study.
Is it possible to make it?
Any advice?

I have good knowledge and experience in project management, and I have read PMBOK once.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login