Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks

Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks 2 years 9 months ago #12663

• Muammar Nasser
  • Muammar Nasser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,
As I read more post here, I got more frustrated.
It seems that the average of PMP study is not less than 2 months.
My main problem is that, I cannot commit for 2 continuous month of study on 1 subject due to many reasons.
3-4 week is the maximum I can commit to extensive study.
Is it possible to make it?
Any advice?

I have good knowledge and experience in project management, and I have read PMBOK once.
Last edit: by Muammar Nasser.

Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks 2 years 9 months ago #12673

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Maybe, take a pre test to see where you score without study. If you score above 60% you may have to just focus on a smaller area of study. If you are below 40%, probably not. I had a friend that passed after reading only the PMBOK once.
Best Wishes
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muammar Nasser

Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks 2 years 9 months ago #12674

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • Thank you received: 46
I think John's advice is very good. Determine if you just need to focus on specific areas.

FWIW, I NEVER read the PMBOK (I frankly just found it too painful - I tried but changed my strategy). I did reference it often during my studies to clarify questions.

Best of luck!

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muammar Nasser

Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks 2 years 9 months ago #12676

• Muammar Nasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks dear.
I’ll consider your advice and see.
Anyhow, I have to do as soon as possible.. extending the time of study wont work with me. I tried many times a plan of 2 months but get busy or disconnect after two weeks.

Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks 2 years 9 months ago #12677

• Muammar Nasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Tracy.
Yes I’ll try John’s idea.

I agree with you PMBOK is very dry. When you read you feel that you read a constitution :).. which needs laws to explain.

I’ll read Andy Crow.. i

Thanks guys for the advices.

Is it possible to pass PMP in 3-4 weeks 2 years 9 months ago #12689

• Muammar Nasser
  • Muammar Nasser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I did a practice test today and scored 60% exactly.
Most of my wrong answers are in tools and techniques of Proc. Mgmt, HR Mgmt and Comm. Mgmt. (very rare mistakes in Scope, Cost, and Time because every time I decide to do the exam i finish them then some circumstances stop me and so on)
Also some theories and formulas that I dint remember and haven't used in my real work.

However, I'll not let this experience fool me, because real exam has different factors, but i feel I have no problem with concept of PMP exam and what it tests exactly, I just need to study extensively for the next 4 weeks.

thanks again
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudElena MekhanoshinaKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login