fbpx

Reply: Language Aid - use it or not?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Language Aid - use it or not?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #20305

Harry Elston

Thib,

The reviews for the Translation Aid online are a mixed bag. A moderator more experienced with the subject should chime in.

Harry
4 years 1 month ago #20304

Thib

's Avatar

Guys,
I am having trouble. My native language is Arabic. I studied and did mock exams in English. And I want to take the exam in English because their translation to Arabic are not so good so translations are wrong and I and used to their language. The problem is when I am booking the exam I want the exam i English and the translation in Arabic so I only use it when I need to but they only provide either Arabic exam with translation of English or only English. I can not translate the questions from Arabic to English every time because when I read the question in Arabic it do not make scene.
6 years 4 months ago #12552

Christoph Farrenkopf

Hi Christian i am a German und also not a native english speaker.
I passed the exam on oct 18th 2017 .
I also practiced all the mock exams with english but decided for german language aid.
During the exam it does not distract... you will read the english question first...and only if your not sure in some understanding...you will look up the german translation anyway... in my exam english and german was on one page , and it was not distracting..
So I would definitely recommend to book the german language aid.
best regards and good luck for the exam...

Christoph
6 years 4 months ago #12526

Christian Zurbuchen

Hi all,

As many PMP applicants, I am not a native English speaker. I feel fairly confident in using English, and I have taken all training (books, PrepCast etc.) in English. However, for the exam, I am asking myself if I should "order" the German language aid (I am a Swiss native). My concern is that it will increase the time it takes to answer the questions (e.g. because of scrolling), or the second language (which is displayed first, as I learnt) could even distract me.

Question to those who have used the language aid on the exam: what is your experience? Was the language aid beneficial, or did it make you use more time per question or even distract you?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login