fbpx

Reply: Project management professional exam outline

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Project management professional exam outline

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 months ago #12591

John

Steven,

Thanks, I understand and have the exam outline PDF. But if I need to study more on "Domain III Task 5" which talks "Risk Management Plan" and you go to page 61 of the PMBOK, look at the Knowledge Area of "11. Project Risk Management" there is nothing listed in the "Executing Process Group".

The "Executing Process Group" has only (4.3 Direct and Manage Project Work, 8.2 Perform Quality Assurance, 9.2 Acquire Project Team 9.3 Develop Project Team 9.4 Manage
Project Team, 10.2 Manage Communications, 12.2 Conduct Procurements 13.3 Manage Stakeholder Engagement) but no info on Risk.
6 years 3 months ago #12512

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

John,

I'm trying to follow your question but it seems like you want to know where the "objectives" are for each domain on the exam? That isn't necessarily found spelled out in the PMBOK Guide but in a separate document on the PMI website called the Exam Content Outline. Follow this link: www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...nal-exam-outline.pdf .

- Steven
6 years 4 months ago #12495

John

In the "project management professional exam outline" PDF from PMI it breaks down DOMAIN and tasks under each DOMAIN... but I'm a little lost in wherein the PMBOK I can find information about a few of the tasks listed like....

"Domain III Task 5 - Implement approved actions by following the risk management plan in order to minimize the impact of the risks and take advantage of opportunities on the project."
But risk management plan is mostly under Planning Process group and Monitoring and Controlling Process group and not the Domain III "Executing" Process group. What am I missing?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login