fbpx

Reply: PMP eligible?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP eligible?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 months ago #12530

Cheng-yi (Andrew) Shih

's Avatar

Hi Nick,

Tracy is correct that the job title is not really relevant; it is what you do.
In my most recent role I worked as technical presales engineer in sales where I lead the technical aspects of working various stakeholders in responding to RFP and prepare for POC workshop, while my manager and Account Executive handles the business side of the engagement with the prospects/clients. My work experience was audited and approved by PMI. The work experience can be any of the domain areas (Initiate, Plan, Execute, Monitor/Control, Close). For example, you can be negotiate and closing sales contract and used various techniques outlined in the PMBOK guide.

Keep in mind, in additional to 36 months you also need to accumulate 4500 hours that you lead and direct the project, assuming you have 4 year degree. Personally I find it impossible to know the exact hours work on each projects and break it down into each domain. However do you best and make sure you do not exaggerate. Hope it helps.

Good Luck,
Andrew
6 years 3 months ago #12490

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Hi Nick,

You can check out this LINK for more info.

The short answer here is that your job title isn't really what's relevant - it's that you have played a project management role and that you can document the required project management experience.

Best of luck,

Tracy
6 years 4 months ago #12484

Nick

's Avatar

Hi everyone,
I have 3 years experience in sales as an account manager. does this make me eligible for the pmp certification?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login