fbpx

Reply: Has anyone ever done the PMP and PMI ACP at the same time?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Has anyone ever done the PMP and PMI ACP at the same time?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 months ago #12340

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Phillip,

I haven't taken the PMI-ACP, but I am familiar with the material and it is distinctly different than the PMP exam. You'll need time to study the concepts of each exam, individually; there may be some overlap, but its not a winning strategy to study for both at the same time, even if you do meet all of PMI's requirements to take both tests. Focus on one first and then do the other after.

As for studying, I personally recommend a time horizon of at least 3 months for the PMP exam. This gives you a moderately paced schedule that won't destroy your personal life but still ensure that you can pass the test on the first try. If you are interested in my study plan, its here: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich .

Best of luck!

- Steven
6 years 4 months ago #12335

Phillip K

's Avatar

I am wondering if the exams for these 2 are somewhat related? How long 'realistically' one would take for this 2 exams.. of course not at the same time but near.. as in within a 1-2 months.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login