Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 10 months ago #12334

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Aadil Vellore Mohammed 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Team,

I have attempted 4 exams - and here are my scores

1st one (time out at 170th question - Therefore I am not counting this)
2nd one - 71%
3rd one - 73.5%
4th one - 73%

I am disappointed- I am not scoring above 80% as recommended in Prepcast article to be successfully appear for the exam. My exam is due in 6 weeks' time - and my office job keeps me busy leaving preparation time to 1.5 hours per day.

I don't intent to reschedule my exam date but I want to strictly pass in my first attempt. Do you think 73% is acceptable at all but its a 'fail' status in the simulator.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 10 months ago #12338

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Thank you received: 21
Aadil,

There's no guarantee that a 73% average will guarantee you a pass on the exam, just as there's no guarantee that an 80% average will. However, we recommend at least an 80% because our statistics have shown that students averaging that high have a much higher pass percentage. I would recommend that you study more than 1.5 hours a day if you can; if work is holding back your progress, try and allocate some time on the weekend to make up for it. If you need a study plan, here's one that I made: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich .

Good luck!

- Steven

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 9 months ago #12450

• Aadil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Stephen for the response.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 9 months ago #12452

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • Thank you received: 42
Aadil,

If you're not doing so already, I would also recommend that you do a thorough review after each test and determine WHY you missed the questions that you got wrong. This will help you identify areas where you may need to study a bit further. You may also identify that other causes (for instance, perhaps in some cases you read the question wrong and thus answer incorrectly - this was an issue for me initially - I learned I had to slow down and make sure I was answering the question that was asked).

If you're at 73% now, I have no doubt that you can increase that performance with just a bit of perseverance!

Best wishes,

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 9 months ago #12472

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your encouragement Tracy. It really helps.
I improved on my simulator score. My maximum score is now 80% and Minimum 71%

Exam 1 - Time out (poorly managed time)
Exam 2 - 71%
Exam 3 - 73.5%
Exam 4 - 73%
Exam 5 - 78%
Exam 6 - 80%
Exam 7 - 76%

Of all the exams - I thoroughly evaluated Exam 7 results as per advise. It really helped. I realize I have been answering difficult questions correctly most of the times - and missing easiest ones because either I am not reading question correctly (gives a lot of guilt later) or I am assuming the easy question as complicated ones and give more thought than is required to be.

My exam final date is 3 weeks from now. I am bit anxious. I recently bought PMP formula from prepcast. I need to do through revisions , more exams...
Do you think I am prepared to attend the exam after 3 weeks given the scores above ? I read in one of your article where you consider more than 80% although that itself not guaranteed for PMP pass.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 9 months ago #12513

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Thank you received: 21
Aadil,

You are close to the recommended scores for guaranteeing a pass of the exam. Keep up the hard studying and I'm sure you will do fine!

- Steven

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 6 months ago #13588

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Team,

Happy to announce - I cleared PMP in my first attempt in December (Apologies for informing late). It was an above target score.
I am so glad I chose PM PrepCast simulators and formula guide (although I had no formula queries in the exam).

The simulator was the best preparatory exercise. I will provide a much detailed review on the site.

Highly recommend the PM Prepcast simulator.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 6 months ago #13589

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 6 months ago #13637

• Anoop Kumar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
what were your scores after exam 7?

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 1 year 5 months ago #13688

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Anoop,

My exam 8 score was 85%

Attachments:
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily RiveraMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on September 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...