fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 4 months ago #12334

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Aadil Vellore Mohammed 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Team,

I have attempted 4 exams - and here are my scores

1st one (time out at 170th question - Therefore I am not counting this)
2nd one - 71%
3rd one - 73.5%
4th one - 73%

I am disappointed- I am not scoring above 80% as recommended in Prepcast article to be successfully appear for the exam. My exam is due in 6 weeks' time - and my office job keeps me busy leaving preparation time to 1.5 hours per day.

I don't intent to reschedule my exam date but I want to strictly pass in my first attempt. Do you think 73% is acceptable at all but its a 'fail' status in the simulator.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 4 months ago #12338

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Aadil,

There's no guarantee that a 73% average will guarantee you a pass on the exam, just as there's no guarantee that an 80% average will. However, we recommend at least an 80% because our statistics have shown that students averaging that high have a much higher pass percentage. I would recommend that you study more than 1.5 hours a day if you can; if work is holding back your progress, try and allocate some time on the weekend to make up for it. If you need a study plan, here's one that I made: www.amazon.com/Setting-Your-Exam-Study-P...rds=steven+mudrinich .

Good luck!

- Steven

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 4 months ago #12450

• Aadil
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Stephen for the response.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 4 months ago #12452

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Aadil,

If you're not doing so already, I would also recommend that you do a thorough review after each test and determine WHY you missed the questions that you got wrong. This will help you identify areas where you may need to study a bit further. You may also identify that other causes (for instance, perhaps in some cases you read the question wrong and thus answer incorrectly - this was an issue for me initially - I learned I had to slow down and make sure I was answering the question that was asked).

If you're at 73% now, I have no doubt that you can increase that performance with just a bit of perseverance!

Best wishes,

Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 4 months ago #12472

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your encouragement Tracy. It really helps.
I improved on my simulator score. My maximum score is now 80% and Minimum 71%

Exam 1 - Time out (poorly managed time)
Exam 2 - 71%
Exam 3 - 73.5%
Exam 4 - 73%
Exam 5 - 78%
Exam 6 - 80%
Exam 7 - 76%

Of all the exams - I thoroughly evaluated Exam 7 results as per advise. It really helped. I realize I have been answering difficult questions correctly most of the times - and missing easiest ones because either I am not reading question correctly (gives a lot of guilt later) or I am assuming the easy question as complicated ones and give more thought than is required to be.

My exam final date is 3 weeks from now. I am bit anxious. I recently bought PMP formula from prepcast. I need to do through revisions , more exams...
Do you think I am prepared to attend the exam after 3 weeks given the scores above ? I read in one of your article where you consider more than 80% although that itself not guaranteed for PMP pass.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 3 months ago #12513

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Aadil,

You are close to the recommended scores for guaranteeing a pass of the exam. Keep up the hard studying and I'm sure you will do fine!

- Steven

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 2 weeks ago #13588

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Team,

Happy to announce - I cleared PMP in my first attempt in December (Apologies for informing late). It was an above target score.
I am so glad I chose PM PrepCast simulators and formula guide (although I had no formula queries in the exam).

The simulator was the best preparatory exercise. I will provide a much detailed review on the site.

Highly recommend the PM Prepcast simulator.

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 2 weeks ago #13589

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 1 week ago #13637

• Anoop Kumar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
what were your scores after exam 7?

Scoring consistently 73% in Exam simulator 6 years 1 week ago #13688

• Aadil Vellore Mohammed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Anoop,

My exam 8 score was 85%

Attachments:
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login