fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Issues and issue log

Issues and issue log 6 years 5 months ago #12162

• Anil Gidwani
  • Anil Gidwani's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I guess the term "Issue" has two meanings in the PMBOK Guide:

Issue - a negative risk that has occurred (pg 310)
Issue - a point of consideration that has been brought up by stakeholders (pg 408)

The issue log contains the second list of issues, not the first. Issues that are negative risks that have occurred are kept track of in the risk register, I would assume.

Is that correct?

Issues and issue log 6 years 5 months ago #12170

• Ahmed Amin
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Anil,
I Agree with your assumption.
I tried to confirm this from the PMBOK Guide and below are the findings:
- Issue log was not listed as output of any of the risk management processes, it was only an input.
- the definition is : Issue Log. A project document used to document and monitor elements under discussion or in dispute between project stakeholders. it does not specify risks being included
Ahmed Amin Abdullah, PMP
Community Moderator

Issues and issue log 6 years 5 months ago #12231

• Steven Mudrinich, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
Anil,

Generally the issue log is used as a tracking mechanism to keep the project team aware of the different negative (and sometimes positive) risks occurring on the project. I wouldn't read into it more than as a useful OPA to use as needed.

- Steven
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login