fbpx

Reply: Questions on the Simulator Assessment & Others...

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Questions on the Simulator Assessment & Others...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12415

Jonathan Hebert

's Avatar

Dear Femi,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your post on our forum.

After consultation with my colleagues, we have the following reply to your questions.

First: The last exam I took using the Simulator, I got 'N/A' in 3 out of the 5 Process Groups, instead of Proficient, Moderately proficient etc...please what does this means?
There was an error in a configuration setting that we had detected. Your reports should now reflect the score and the proper performance rating category for all process groups.

2nd: Please look at this question with reference ID:12474, I am not sure your answer is correct? I think it should be Work performance data and not Work Performance Information.
Please use the Live Feedback from your report in the simulator or direct your question to our PM Exam Simulator Support group at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3rd: I also noticed that the distribution of your questions do not follow the PMI's distribution of: Initiation 13% of the questions, Planning 24%, Executing 31%, Monitoring & Controlling 25% and Closing 7%....etc...This will give fair rating of the performance across the knowledge areas?
Based on student feedback on individual questions, we may replace or update questions, and over time the overall percentages may drift off from the target overall distribution. We are currently replacing, updating, and distributing questions so that the percentages of questions that we classify as coming from the five domains are consistent with the percentages specified in the PMP Exam Content Outline.

4th: Is the Proficient, Moderately Proficient and Below Proficient scores (i.e. >85%, >75% etc) you have adopted the same as PMI's scoring level?
PMI does not disclose the individual percentages used to define the range associated with each performance rating. Therefore, it is not possible to align with the PMI is this way.

5th: To pass the exam, must I have 'Target' score in all the knowledge areas? I passed 3 of the PMP Exam I completed in Simulator, but I noticed I scored less than 70% in some Knowledge areas, how does this affect my performance?
Please refer to PMI's explanation of the scoring report at PMI's website

Last question: To be sure I am ready for the exam, what should I be scoring on average in the Simulator exams?
Our belief is that if you are scoring 80% or above using our simulated exams, your chances of passing are excellent. The statistics we have gathered to date indicate that of those that responded to our post-exam survey, who scored in the range of 80-90% consistently on our exams have a first-time pass rate of 93%.

I hope that addresses all your questions. If not please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thank you for your excellent questions and feedback.
6 years 6 months ago #12114

Femi

's Avatar

Good day,
I have some questions regarding the Simulator after taking 3 exams:

First: The last exam I took using the Simulator, I got 'N/A' in 3 out of the 5 Process Groups, instead of Proficient, Moderately proficient etc...please what does this means?

2nd: Please look at this question with reference ID:12474, I am not sure your answer is correct? I think it should be Work performance data and not Work Performance Information.

3rd: I also noticed that the distribution of your questions do not follow the PMI's distribution of: Initiation 13% of the questions, Planning 24%, Executing 31%, Monitoring & Controlling 25% and Closing 7%....etc...This will give fair rating of the performance across the knowledge areas?

4th: Is the Proficient, Moderately Proficient and Below Proficient scores (i.e. >85%, >75% etc) you have adopted the same as PMI's scoring level?

5th: To pass the exam, must I have 'Target' score in all the knowledge areas? I passed 3 of the PMP Exam I completed in Simulator, but I noticed I scored less than 70% in some Knowledge areas, how does this affect my performance?

Last question: To be sure I am ready for the exam, what should I be scoring on average in the Simulator exams?

Looking forward to your quick response.

Femi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login