fbpx

Reply: Passed Today, Sharing my 6 weeks preparation and the final test experience

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Today, Sharing my 6 weeks preparation and the final test experience

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12091

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Congratulations Yu on passing the PMP exam! Thank you for taking the time to post your study plan and test summary to the forum. Best of luck as a new PMP.

Cheers,

Mark
6 years 5 months ago #12086

Yu Chen

Passed Today. Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling all above target. Closing meet target.

Study plan:
total time: ~130 hours. average ~3 hours a day more or less.
Time breakdown ( mostly in this sequence as well): initial evaluation test score: 60%. ~35 hours on prepcast video. pass the evaluation on prepcast. good foundation. ~20 hours on PMPBOK guide, only read about 70% of it, bored to hell, couldn't finish. ~40 hours on Rita Mulcahy book. Took my first simulation test from prepcast, got 83%. ~25 hours on Andy Crowe book. Took the test at the end of Andy book, got 90%. Then ~5 hours reviewing my notes from all books, and ~5 hours of simulation tests from Prepcast. average about 90%.

Test Summary:
1. took about 3 hours 10 minutes to finish the 200 questions ( keep average under 1 minute per question seems like a good speed gauge) Then spent 50 minutes on review. Didn't take pee break, just many deep breaths and a few 30 seconds body stretches to calm myself down and relax.
1. overall, I felt the test is harder than questions from Prepcast and Andy's book. About the same level as questions in Rita's book. Lots of situational questions with vague, fuzzy answers. I marked about 40 questions that I either didn't quite understand or there were two or more reasonable answers. Then I used my best guess and PMI-ism to make my final choices on them.
2. Didn't use calculator at all. formula questions were the easiest section of the test.
3. Was expecting some very long questions (like 3 paragraphs), but actually only saw one question out of 200 like that. Which is actually much less than the simulation test.

Overall, it was a good experience. First time spending so much time studying since Graduate school days. Feels good and I am proud of myself. Good luck to you all!!

got 90% for the simulation at the end of the book.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login