fbpx

Reply: Taking practice tests in the Prepcast Simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Taking practice tests in the Prepcast Simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12093

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

I agree with Kevin. You definitely need to take as many full length simulator exams as you can tolerate. It is very important. I think I took 5 like Kevin did and then I did take some of the shorter 25 and 50 question timed tests because I just could not find an entire 4 hour block to devote on a regular basis. As important as it is to do the full exams it is just as important to answer as many questions in a timed setting as possible. Practice, practice, practice.

Good luck,

Mark
6 years 5 months ago #12088

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks a lot Kevin for your inputs..
6 years 5 months ago #12084

Kevin Nason

Saravanan - There is nothing like taking a few full exams to prepare you for the actual exam. Looking back, I think I did 5 full exams to get in the correct mindset. I took one a week up until the week of the exam. I then decided to take a few short quizzes, that included anywhere from 25 to 100 questions, the week of the actual exam. I actually took a couple quizzes a day, one in the am and another in the pm. After every quiz I reviewed the answers and looked back at the prepcast or the rita book if I needed more knowledge to clarify the question.
So for me it worked. Do make sure you do a couple of full exam simulations prior to the exam. I found that although I did finish the practice exams with many minutes to spare compared to exam day I finished and reviewed with a minute to spare. You need to get a few full exam under your belt so you can pace yourself for exam day.

Good Luck.
6 years 5 months ago #12083

Saravanan Ramakrishnan

Hello folks,

Taking a full test for 4 hours continuously is kind of challenging for me at home. I was wondering if we can use the quiz feature available in the simulator and select a 100 questions time test test instead of taking the predefined 200 questions full tests?

If we take a random quiz do we need know if it will cover all knowledge areas and be a good measure of our preparedness? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Saravanan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login