Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Taking practice tests in the Prepcast Simulator

Taking practice tests in the Prepcast Simulator 1 year 11 months ago #12083

• Saravanan Ramakrishnan
  • Saravanan Ramakrishnan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello folks,

Taking a full test for 4 hours continuously is kind of challenging for me at home. I was wondering if we can use the quiz feature available in the simulator and select a 100 questions time test test instead of taking the predefined 200 questions full tests?

If we take a random quiz do we need know if it will cover all knowledge areas and be a good measure of our preparedness? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Saravanan

Taking practice tests in the Prepcast Simulator 1 year 11 months ago #12084

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Saravanan - There is nothing like taking a few full exams to prepare you for the actual exam. Looking back, I think I did 5 full exams to get in the correct mindset. I took one a week up until the week of the exam. I then decided to take a few short quizzes, that included anywhere from 25 to 100 questions, the week of the actual exam. I actually took a couple quizzes a day, one in the am and another in the pm. After every quiz I reviewed the answers and looked back at the prepcast or the rita book if I needed more knowledge to clarify the question.
So for me it worked. Do make sure you do a couple of full exam simulations prior to the exam. I found that although I did finish the practice exams with many minutes to spare compared to exam day I finished and reviewed with a minute to spare. You need to get a few full exam under your belt so you can pace yourself for exam day.

Good Luck.

[email protected] 1 year 11 months ago #12088

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks a lot Kevin for your inputs..

[email protected] 1 year 11 months ago #12093

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
I agree with Kevin. You definitely need to take as many full length simulator exams as you can tolerate. It is very important. I think I took 5 like Kevin did and then I did take some of the shorter 25 and 50 question timed tests because I just could not find an entire 4 hour block to devote on a regular basis. As important as it is to do the full exams it is just as important to answer as many questions in a timed setting as possible. Practice, practice, practice.

Good luck,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily RiveraMani Selvan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on September 21/22 for just $179. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...