fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: I married my organization contact. Conflict of interest?

I married my organization contact. Conflict of interest? 6 years 5 months ago #12072

• Terry
  • Terry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I'm applying for my PMP exam and have a question about whether or not I can have my wife listed as my organizational contact. I was living in Mexico City at the time and worked together on the project I'm reporting. I would normally just pick someone else in the organization, and I tried to do so for a good amount of time, but wasn't able to make contact with anyone. I worked for an English as a Second Language company at the time, most of the other people I worked with were either foreign travelers working there for a time (and are now off in the wind on their respective lives) or I simply can't get ahold of them. I live in the States now, if I was in Mexico I'd just do the leg work there, but ...

Can I still have her as my contact? She was a stakeholder on the project and I can't find anything in the rules concerning family members and conflicts of interest.

I married my organization contact. Conflict of interest? 6 years 5 months ago #12076

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Terry,

Given the circumstances, it sounds like you really don't have any other alternative. Since she was a legitimate stakeholder on the project she can vouch for your involvement. That is the best you can do.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login