fbpx

Reply: Feasibility study for client

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Feasibility study for client

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12134

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Terry,

Your situation is complex; you'd be best served by directly contacting PMI's customer support network and addressing the issue with them. No need to risk a second audit failure when you can the info straight from the horse's mouth.

- Steven
6 years 5 months ago #12071

Terry

's Avatar

Hi everyone, I'm currently reapplying to take the PMP exam after my initial application was audited and rejected. I've followed the advice of the PMI staff and have reworked my new application accordingly. I do however have some questions. My company does a lot of feasibility studies for clients; that is the feasibility report is the deliverable for the project itself, to be presented to the client at the completion of the project. My concern is that PMI will reject my application again solely based on the idea that a feasibility report is listed as part of the initial decision making process whether to even go ahead with a proposed project. Anyone have any input on this?

I've included my projects below, I'd appreciate it if anyone has any advice, either on the nature of the reporting or on the descriptions themselves, which were also called into question on the original application and since worked up.

Objective was to recruit new ESL teachers
IN: understand BC, create measurable objectives, get initial stakeholder expectations & constraints
PL: develop PM plan, gain acceptance of plan, estimate project time & cost
EX: held meetings w/ team members & consultants, oversaw creation of deliverables, improved processes used in previous projects
MC: measured & analyzed ongoing performance, request changes with upper mgmt, update LL
CL: confirm all work done to req.s, hand off recruits for training, get feedback from upper mgmt

Objective was successful.

Feasibility Study for a Solar Farm in Latin America
IN: understand the business case, create measurable objectives, divide project into phases
PL: develop the PM Plan, select suppliers, gain formal stakeholder acceptance of plan
EX: led team & consultants to create deliverables; send and receive information to stakeholders; held meetings
MC: measured & analyzed ongoing performance & other data; updated PM plan, request changes
CL: hand off final deliverable, confirm report was done to requirements

Objective was successful, report was accepted.

Feasibility Study for a Waste to Energy Plant for client.
IN: Understand business case, determine feasibility constraints, divide into phases
PL: develop the PM Plan, create WBS & critical path, got formal stakeholder acceptance of plan
EX: led team & consultants to create deliverables; all communications; took any corrective action
MC: measured & analyzed ongoing performance & other data; updated PM plan & stakeholders
CL: completed study; updated lessons learned, etc., feedback from stakeholders, performed final evaluation

Feasibility Study for a new Natural Gas power plant for client.
IN: develop full stakeholder list, understand business case, divide into phases
PL: develop all aspects of the PM Plan, resource req. determination, and WBS.
EX: led the inhouse team & consultants to create deliverables; all communications; took approved corrective action
MC: measured & analyzed ongoing performance, updated PM Plan & informed stakeholders
CL: completed study; updated lessons learned etc, feedback from stakeholders & performed final evaluation

Bid proposal process for a large peaker power plant.
IN: understand the business case, uncovered expectations & constraints, ran feasibility analysis
PL: developed & gained acceptance of PM plan, estimated time and cost, created activity list
EX: held meetings, selected sellers, communicated with all stakeholders & got feedback on progress of bid
MC: measured & analyzed performance, requested changes, monitored stakeholder engagement
CL: gained acceptance of bid from stakeholders, submitted bid to client, updated all records

Bid was chosen by client.

Thanks, and again, any help is appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login