fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam formulas memorization?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam formulas memorization?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 6 months ago #12039

Steven Mudrinich, PMP

Mark,

Those formulas should be sufficient. I would also understand contract types (though its unclear how much contract math is in the exam), as well as the communication formulas.

- Steven
6 years 6 months ago #12037

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks Mark. Indeed that was a typo on the CPI.

I also got a workbook with good practice questions as well as good explanations:
How to get every Earned Value question right on the PMP® Exam: 50+ PMP® Exam Prep Sample Questions and Solutions on Earned Value Management (EVM) (PMP Exam Prep Simplified) (Volume 1)
Ellis PMP, Aileen

I just neede something to use for practice and the book was less than $10.
6 years 6 months ago #12035

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Radford,

Looks like a good list. Note that CSI should be CPI. Remember that it isn't just about memorizing the formulas but knowing how to apply them. The PM Exam Simulator formula based questions are really good practice for the real test and I found them to be harder than those on the real exam.

Mark
6 years 6 months ago #12026

Radford Hyde

Hi,

I Have memorized the following formulas:
CSI = EV/AC
SPI = EV/PV
CV = EV-AC
SV = EV-PV
EAC = BAC/CPI
ETC = EAC-AC
VAC = BAC-EAC (I have not found any mock exam question yet that references the need for this one...)
TCPI-BAC = BAC-EV / BAC-AC
TCPI-EAC = BAC-EV / EAC-AC

I don't think my brain can successfully hold more than a couple more. Which 1 or 2 others should I concentrate on ensuring I know?

THANKS!!
-RDH

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login