Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Help! Exam Application

Help! Exam Application 1 year 9 months ago #11940

• Oliver Teich
  • Oliver Teich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I have difficulties writing my project experiences. Either I really write in detail what my activities were in the respective project. Then I exceed the maximum number of characters allowed. Or I short the whole one, but then of course, a lot of content is lost. I would be very happy if you could look at my text once and give me a feedback. I would really like to get the admission to the exam. So here's the text:

IT outsourcing of a German food producer

Role: Project Manager

Time spent:
INIT: 80
PLAN: 320
EXEC: 160
M&C: 320
CLOSE: 80

I led a project team on the provider side for a IT outsourcing project of a German food producer. Tasks:

I: Develop project charter; Identify stakeholders;
PL: Develop project-mgmt. plans & scope-, schedule- & cost-baselines; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders
EX: exec. of work packages; quality assurance; change control;
M&C: measure project performance; project communication; control risks
CL: measure customer satisfaction; Hand off compl. project deliverables to customer

Outcome: All IT systems were successfully transferred to the provider cloud.

Data center redesign

Time spent:
INIT: 160
M&C: 360
CLOSE: 60

I led a project team for a complete redesign of the existing data center. Tasks included:

I: Develop project charter; identify stakeholders
PL: Develop project mgmt. plan with all related sub plans and baselines; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders;
EX: Manage selection of sellers; manage hr allocation; execution of work packages; request changes; use issue logs
M&C: Measure project performance; control risks;
CL: procurement closure; hand off compl. project deliverables

Outcome: Renewal of the data center components without interruption of operation

Implementation of a "Information Security Management System"

Role: Project Leader

Time spent:

I led a project team for the implementation of a "Information Security Management System (ISMS)"
Tasks included:

I: Develop Project Charter; identify stakeholders;
PL: Develop project mgmt. plans & scope-, cost- & schedule baselines; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders;
EX: Select sellers; execution of work packages; improve team performance
M&C: Monitor project & seller performance; project communication
CL: archive records; hand off project deliverables

Outcome: The ISMS was successfully implemented by the project team and accepted by the board.

Reorganization of the IT department

Role: Project Manager

Time spent:
PLAN: 160

II led a project team for the reorganization of the IT department. Tasks included:

I: Develop Project Charter with sponsor; identify stakeholders, high level risks, assumptions and constraints
PL: Develop schedule-, cost- and scope-baseline; procurement-, quality- & config. management plan; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders;
EX: Manage execution of work packages; quality assurance;
M&C: Monitor project performance; project communication
CL: Lessons learned; hand off of project deliverables;

Outcome: The reorganization was successfully completed.

Thanks for your support :-)
Last edit: by Oliver Teich.

Help! Exam Application 1 year 8 months ago #11965

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Oliver,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have taken one of your descriptions and reworked it some as an example of how you could modify the others. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Objective: Redesign existing data center. I: Developed charter; Identified stakeholders. PL: Developed PM plan, all sub plans & baselines. Led kickoff meeting with stakeholders. EX: Managed seller selections, resource acquisitions & allocations, work packages execution & change requests. Utilized issue logs. M&C: Measured performance; controlled risks. CL: Closed procurements & handed off design deliverables. Outcome: Redesigned & Renewed data center components without interruption of operations.
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Help! Exam Application 1 year 8 months ago #11966

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Oliver,

You should also take a look at this forum on the website as it has a lot of other helpful advice regarding the application and project descriptions.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...-project-description

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Help! Exam Application 1 year 8 months ago #11996

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Mark! Thanks for your support. PMI just accepted my application :-)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasScott GillardMary Kathrine PaduaSteven Mudrinich, PMPCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJason YorekLuke HoSimone ChristieAmy MartinezDaniel DewartEmily Rivera

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
21-Jun-2019: Free PMP Exam Coaching Webinar with Dan Ryan Register Now...