fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Help! Exam Application

Help! Exam Application 6 years 6 months ago #11940

• Oliver Teich
  • Oliver Teich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I have difficulties writing my project experiences. Either I really write in detail what my activities were in the respective project. Then I exceed the maximum number of characters allowed. Or I short the whole one, but then of course, a lot of content is lost. I would be very happy if you could look at my text once and give me a feedback. I would really like to get the admission to the exam. So here's the text:

IT outsourcing of a German food producer

Role: Project Manager

Time spent:
INIT: 80
PLAN: 320
EXEC: 160
M&C: 320
CLOSE: 80

I led a project team on the provider side for a IT outsourcing project of a German food producer. Tasks:

I: Develop project charter; Identify stakeholders;
PL: Develop project-mgmt. plans & scope-, schedule- & cost-baselines; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders
EX: exec. of work packages; quality assurance; change control;
M&C: measure project performance; project communication; control risks
CL: measure customer satisfaction; Hand off compl. project deliverables to customer

Outcome: All IT systems were successfully transferred to the provider cloud.

Data center redesign

Time spent:
INIT: 160
M&C: 360
CLOSE: 60

I led a project team for a complete redesign of the existing data center. Tasks included:

I: Develop project charter; identify stakeholders
PL: Develop project mgmt. plan with all related sub plans and baselines; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders;
EX: Manage selection of sellers; manage hr allocation; execution of work packages; request changes; use issue logs
M&C: Measure project performance; control risks;
CL: procurement closure; hand off compl. project deliverables

Outcome: Renewal of the data center components without interruption of operation

Implementation of a "Information Security Management System"

Role: Project Leader

Time spent:

I led a project team for the implementation of a "Information Security Management System (ISMS)"
Tasks included:

I: Develop Project Charter; identify stakeholders;
PL: Develop project mgmt. plans & scope-, cost- & schedule baselines; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders;
EX: Select sellers; execution of work packages; improve team performance
M&C: Monitor project & seller performance; project communication
CL: archive records; hand off project deliverables

Outcome: The ISMS was successfully implemented by the project team and accepted by the board.

Reorganization of the IT department

Role: Project Manager

Time spent:
PLAN: 160

II led a project team for the reorganization of the IT department. Tasks included:

I: Develop Project Charter with sponsor; identify stakeholders, high level risks, assumptions and constraints
PL: Develop schedule-, cost- and scope-baseline; procurement-, quality- & config. management plan; Kick off Meeting with stakeholders;
EX: Manage execution of work packages; quality assurance;
M&C: Monitor project performance; project communication
CL: Lessons learned; hand off of project deliverables;

Outcome: The reorganization was successfully completed.

Thanks for your support :-)
Last edit: by Oliver Teich.

Help! Exam Application 6 years 6 months ago #11965

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Oliver,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have taken one of your descriptions and reworked it some as an example of how you could modify the others. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Objective: Redesign existing data center. I: Developed charter; Identified stakeholders. PL: Developed PM plan, all sub plans & baselines. Led kickoff meeting with stakeholders. EX: Managed seller selections, resource acquisitions & allocations, work packages execution & change requests. Utilized issue logs. M&C: Measured performance; controlled risks. CL: Closed procurements & handed off design deliverables. Outcome: Redesigned & Renewed data center components without interruption of operations.
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Help! Exam Application 6 years 6 months ago #11966

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Oliver,

You should also take a look at this forum on the website as it has a lot of other helpful advice regarding the application and project descriptions.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...-project-description

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Help! Exam Application 6 years 6 months ago #11996

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Mark! Thanks for your support. PMI just accepted my application :-)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login